Dana Larson from Dana Larson Consulting presented NetSuite 101 – Back to Basics. This meeting is a great meeting for folks who are new to NetSuite, as well as for those who have been using NetSuite for a while but could use a refresher on the basics. Even seasoned users might find pearls in this presentation!
Presented by Alex Kopischke of RSM, this meeting covers when to use SuiteFlow, discuss the various aspects of SuiteFlow and show how easy it is to create a workflow in NetSuite. For anyone who is interested in incorporating the control available in workflows into their organization, this meeting is a great start.
Jeremy King, from Doozy Solutions, will take us on a tour of the new SuiteAnalytics Workbook module in NetSuite. With SuiteAnalytics Workbook, you can create highly customizable workbooks that combine queries, pivot tables, and charts using a single tool which accesses data directly from the underlying records in NetSuite. Anyone interested in getting more from the data in NetSuite will benefit from this meeting. Users who have experience with Saved Searches will likely benefit the most.
PowerPoints are available below the video.
In this month’s meeting, Cory Anderson shares exciting news he picked up at SuiteWorld. Margie Komninos with PlantScan gave an overview of the customer support management capabilities that are native in NetSuite. Then Dana Larson with Eide Bailly gave an overview of how to create leads, turn opportunities and estimates into sales orders and run forecasting reports. Since this is functionality that is already included in your NetSuite licensing (unless you have Financials Only), we think everyone can benefit from this discussion.
Presentation slides available at bottom of post
Our board president, Cory Anderson with AvidMax, will walk us all the way through the Netsuite Marketing Automation system starting with capturing a lead, marketing to leads, and then analyzing a marketing campaign. This meeting will be focused around email marketing but will give a general understanding of Netsuite campaigns that can be applied to other campaign types. Any Netsuite user that would like to understand NetSuite’s powerful marketing functions and how they can put them to use to generate leads, customers, and sales. Only a basic understanding of marketing principles is necessary to be able to use the information presented.
-Preparing Email Campaigns
-Lead Nurturing Campaigns
-Alternative Options for Automated Marketing
New NetSuite users/admins will find lots of value and even seasoned users should find many pearls in this presentation. Margie Komninos, a 15 year NetSuite user/admin veteran, will take you back to the basics on a whirlwind tour of NetSuite with stops for tips and tricks along the way.
Presentation slides are available below the video.
- NetSuite Help – So Many Options
- New Releases Tips
- SuiteBundles Freebies
- Lead to Case & Procure to Pay Overviews
- Understanding Record types
- The Power of Home Page Portlets
- Set Preferences – Key Settings
- Global Search Tips
- NetSuite Saved Search Tips
- NetSuite Reports Tips
- Power of System Notes
- Getting Data In/Out & Updated
- It’s Sticky
- Finding Waldo Tip
- Permission Violations Trick
- Easily send invoices to multiple emails
- Other take-away goodies (more shortcuts and resources)
We will review 3 different ways to provide budgets in NetSuite: using standard NetSuite functionality, using the multiple budgets included with Advanced Financials and OneWorld, and using Adaptive Planning (a complementary NetSuite product). Presented by Paul Thompson of Hein & Associates (now Moss Adams) and Dana Larson of Eide Bailly.
Simple budgeting included in the standard Financials module
- How to add a simple budget in NetSuite
- How to import a budget from a spreadsheet
- Available classifications for my budget
The multiple budgets that are included with Advanced Financials and OneWorld
- How multiple budgets work
- How the local vs. global budgets in OneWorld work
Adaptive Planning – the complementary product
- Benefits of using Adaptive Planning?
- What functionality can be gained by adding this to NetSuite
Sam Stetler of SolidFire will be presenting. Custom fields and records are a perfect solution for keeping track of your own data in NetSuite or for viewing data of one type, in transactions of a different type. To demonstrate the functionality, we will build a very basic real world contract tracking system during the presentation. This information should give you a jump start to making NetSuite more useful for your end-users and hopefully make you the office hero.
Custom Fields – basic to advanced
- How to create custom fields
- Understanding custom field types
- Understanding List/Records and Record is Parent field
- Custom fields validation and defaulting options, including saved searches
- Custom fields sourcing and filtering options
Custom Records – basic to advance
- When custom records should be used
- How to create custom records
- How to provide user access to custom records through global search and through center menus
- Custom record form customization
- Creating child and parent records
- Searches and reports on custom records
As this was prior to recording meetings, please download meeting notes below.
This meeting will be a round-table troubleshooting, best practices, and problem solving session focusing on inventory issues. Come armed with your questions, problems, and your knowledge with managing your inventory in NetSuite. In this group session, we will try to help you find a solution and provide best practices. We’re e not guaranteeing solutions, but we will definitely do our best. And while you’re there, you can help other members with their issues and learn from those discussions! Past board member, Steve Cramer of Eide Bailly, and current board member, Margie Komninos of PlantScan, have each been using NetSuite Inventory for over 10 years — including many of the topics listed below
- Assembly Build/Unbuilds
- Assembly Item Records and Bill of Materials
- BOM/Component Where Used Inquiry
- Work Orders
- Bin Management
- Serialized Inventory vs. Non-Serialized Inventory
- Inventory counting
- Inventory Adjustments, Inventory Worksheets
- Inventory Transfers
- Landed Cost
- Multiple Location Inventory
- Multiple Units of Measure
- Reorder Point
As this was prior to recording meetings and it was a round-table there is not a slide deck. However, there are meeting notes. Please download meeting notes below.