Sam Stetler of SolidFire will be presenting. Custom fields and records are a perfect solution for keeping track of your own data in NetSuite or for viewing data of one type, in transactions of a different type. To demonstrate the functionality, we will build a very basic real world contract tracking system during the presentation. This information should give you a jump start to making NetSuite more useful for your end-users and hopefully make you the office hero.
Custom Fields – basic to advanced
- How to create custom fields
- Understanding custom field types
- Understanding List/Records and Record is Parent field
- Custom fields validation and defaulting options, including saved searches
- Custom fields sourcing and filtering options
Custom Records – basic to advance
- When custom records should be used
- How to create custom records
- How to provide user access to custom records through global search and through center menus
- Custom record form customization
- Creating child and parent records
- Searches and reports on custom records
As this was prior to recording meetings, please download meeting notes below.